WHAT IS FLASH CUTTING?
Similar to our waterjet, our new flash cutter can creates custom parts in minutes. It is a dieless knife cutting table used for cutting soft and semi-rigid materials. It uses an oscillating knife CNC cutter that operates on AutoCAD files. This means that large and complex gaskets can easily be inputted and stored. Flash cutting also reduces material waste with nesting software that increases yield and lowers the costs of parts.
Knife cutting systems guarantee quality, reliability and performance, just like our waterjet. However, flash cutting is a faster and less expensive process.
Our flash cut parts gallery
- Low & high volume runs
- Quick revisions
- Lower costs and reduced lead times
- 5ft x 10ft cutting surface
- Repeatability due to savable programs/drawings
- Cuts up to 3/4″ thick material
- Custom parts without the upfront cost of a die
- Smooth edges
- No heat related distortion
- Easily nested parts for minimal material loss
- Tolerances within 0.1 mm on most materials
- Common line cutting or kiss cutting available
- Rapid Prototyping/Revisions
- Gasket materials
- Foam with or without adhesive
- Soft Plastics
- Conveyor belting
- Industrial fabrics and textiles
Contact us for more information.