In this video, you can see abrasive in the water stream of our waterjet creating sparks as it cuts through this 1.5″ thick piece of mild steel. Our FLOW Waterjet along with our die press and skilled hand fabricators give our customer the advantage when it comes to fluid sealing and custom fabrication.
A waterjet cutter is a tool capable of slicing into metal or other materials using a jet of water at high velocity and pressure, or a mixture of water and an abrasive substance.
Some of the advantages of waterjet cutting:
- Ultra high accuracy/adherence to tight tolerances
- Virtually any 2D shape can be fabricated
- No heat affected zones, no post re-testing of spec material
- Diversity: can cut any material other than tempered glass
- Cuts up to 6″ thick materials